Friday, August 31, 2007

Sorry, we don't serve lunch

I'm working at my telecommuting job this morning, when the bell on the front desk dings. The dinger is one of the guests still in the breakfast room. (They technically arrived ten minutes after we stopped serving breakfast, but we went ahead and cooked something for them anyway.) These guests, like most of our guests this weekend, are up for a bike race.

Guest: I have a favor to ask you. We need to eat something light before the race. Like chicken soup. Could you cook it for us? We'll pay you.

I'm sure he thought I wasn't very accommodating when I explained that we only serve breakfast and that I don't have any chicken soup on hand.

Here's the kicker--these guests are staying in the apartment with a full kitchen. They have nicer countertops and appliances than I do!

Maybe it's a cultural thing. They have the same native language as a set of guests last year (also staying in the apartment) who came in one evening and asked if I could make them some hamburgers.

Breakfast, folks. We serve breakfast.

No comments: