Sunday, August 5, 2007

Did We Dodge the Train?

I'm actually feeling better this morning than I did yesterday or last night. The guests have all had breakfast, and most of them have gone home, so if I do get sick we should be able to cope.

This morning for breakfast, we had a choice of scrambled eggs with sausage and toast or pancakes. One woman came in with her husband and asked, "Is there any way I could get a waffle? I haven't had a waffle yet." Apparently she ordered eggs two days ago when waffles were on the menu. I said that I was sorry but unfortunately we were set up for pancakes this morning. She turned away and walked out of the breakfast room, muttering under her breath. Her husband ordered pancakes, and I saw that she joined him with some cereal and soy milk she had brought from her room.

I'm sure she thinks I am not very responsive to her needs, but we do not have a commercial kitchen. It's just a normal, small-to-medium-sized family kitchen. I don't have counter space for both the griddle and a waffle iron. Not to mention that I would have needed to mix up waffle batter. And since Michael is gone and the inn is completely full...

Sorry. I have my limits.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is so odd, because even big, commercial hotel chains just offer a "continental breakfast" with little more than juice and bagels. Places that cook to order are not places that include breakfast in the cost of the room. So, the fact that people get such a delicious homemade hot breakfast should keep them happy and quiet!