Thursday, August 2, 2007

Things to Be Thankful for Today

  1. When the microwave died, it died at 2:00 in the afternoon when I was warming LW's bottle and not in the middle of serving breakfast to our full house or right as I was going to bed tonight.
  2. I mixed up tomorrow's applesauce coffee cake tonight, so when I discovered that the seal was broken on my applesauce (and it was growing mold), I had time to run to the convenience store and buy another jar.
  3. The river. It was almost 90 today, and playing in the river with the kids this afternoon sure felt good. I usually just go down in shorts and sit at the edge with my feet in the river, but today I wore my swimming suit and went all the way in. I'm especially glad that unlike the popular swimming hole down the road, which is in full sun, our river stretch is nicely shaded in the afternoon.
  4. I got caught up on some paperwork and filing. In addition to the lovely virtuous feeling I get from doing unpleasant things I have to do but dread doing, I discovered...
  5. One of our business CDs does actually mature before our property taxes are late, so even if the rest of the summer and the fall prove to be as so-so as the rest of the year, we can pay all our bills without having to loan the business money.

So all in all, it was a good day.

No comments: