Saturday, May 24, 2008

Do I look different?

I'm posting this from the new laptop Michael got me for my birthday. (No, you didn't lose a week; he gave it to me early.) Snazzy green cover and everything.

It's a complete indulgence, but I've been wanting a computer that is mine. The upstairs computer is largely used by Michael for writing and the boys for gaming. The downstairs computer is officially the inn computer, so I don't want to clutter it up with photos and such. It is also the main surfing computer for everyone in the family. And my work computer is for work. (Since I document software that tracks Internet usage, I am fully aware of my company's ability to see any surfing I do.)

So I've been thinking it would be nice to have a laptop that I could configure exactly how I want it. I've dreamed of surfing while sitting with Michael on the couch while he watches the Red Sox games. Of being able to download and organize all the photos. Of being able to stay signed onto my Google account without fear that Michael will post to his blog as me. (Hey, it's happened.)

And it just so happens that Michael needs a laptop for his yearly writing retreat to Toronto. He hates laptops the rest of the year, so I cheerfully offered to loan him mine for the week if I got one. I thought we were still in the convincing stage, but apparently not! Thanks, sweetheart.

Now all I have to do is figure out Vista . . .

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy birthday! OOoooh, a laptop! What a nice gift!