Tuesday, May 6, 2008

And I thought service was bad before

Our state is notorious for bad cell phone service. Well, notorious among the locals at least. It comes as a complete shock to many of our guests, who do not hesitate to let us know how they feel about it.

Still, we've learned to adapt. I've pretty much figured out where I get service and where I don't, and I've adjusted my expectations accordingly. (Although I continue to be amused that I get better service in, say, Arches National Park than I do at my kids' soccer games.)

But today, it appears, the entire cell phone network is down. When I dial my provider I get a message that the following services are not working: mobile to mobile, mobile to land, land to mobile. That pretty much covers it.

No, we can't hear you now.

No comments: