Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The best laid plans...

Just a note--letting your baby cry it out is only effective if he doesn't learn how to climb out of his crib!! Oh, I'm sorry. Was I shouting?

*sigh*

The first time he got out, I put him back in. (Granted I did hold him for a minute first while my tired, tired brain tried to figure out what to do.) He was out within minutes--in fact, he managed to knock the entire crib over on its side. I caught up with him halfway down the stairs. Who knows what mischief he was planning?

I know they make crib tents, but unfortunately, he has a non-standard-size crib. And our tired brains have yet to come up with a plan to keep him in his bed tonight. Well, that's not entirely true. I contemplated using bungee cords to fix a sheet of plywood to the top of the crib. For some reason, Michael thinks that's a bad idea.

All suggestions are welcome, but please express them in words of no more than one syllable.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Minda, this was hilarious, but sorry for laughing at your poor, tired expense. What's wrong with the bungee cords? Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Minda said...

Laugh away. Now that I've had some more sleep, it sounds funny to me, too. Luckily, Liam hasn't climbed out since that night. (Knock on wood)