Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sick!

No, this is not a post about my cold that I think has turned into sinusitis (although I'm calling the doctor tomorrow). This is about LW's love of his tricycle.

On Friday we bought a bike for NB and IM to share as they learn to ride. LW was fascinated. "Sick! Sick!" (You know, from bi-SICK-el.) In a desperate attempt to keep him from trying to climb on the big kids' bike, we brought out EM and NB's old tricycle. Unlike the inside riding toy (which he still really likes, Mom!), it has pedals. He is in love. "Sick!" And then to make sure I understood, he brought over his small plastic car. "Truck, Mama!" he said, pointing to the truck. Then, pointing to the tricycle, "Sick!"

He woke up at 6:00 this morning. As I settled in on the couch, hoping for an hour or so of dozing before I had to really be up, he squirmed out of my grasp and went over to the door leading onto the back porch. "Sick!"

No comments: