Sunday, June 22, 2008

Guests

Michael's cousin and her boyfriend are up visiting. She wanted to see the fireflies, and this is the season for them.

They arrived yesterday afternoon, and LW and I took them to tour the local ice cream factory. They have changed the movie since I was last there in September, which is nice for those of us who visit whenever we have guests. And the sample (a new flavor) was as tasty as ever. LW did a pretty good job staying quiet during the tour, and ate his ice cream relatively neatly.

Of course, he melted down as soon as we got in the car to go home, and stayed fussy for most of the evening.

We went to the local pizza place for dinner. We sat outside, so the kids could play in the field while we waited for the pizza. It was a nice evening. We got four pizzas--cheese and herb for the two younger boys (our non-adventurous eaters), one sausage pizza, and two of the bacon and rhubarb pizza. The bacon and rhubarb was my favorite.

Once it got dark, the adults sat outside and watched the fireflies. They seemed especially fond of the strawberry patch.

3 comments:

PixelFish said...

We had a fun time! Thanks for having us.

Anonymous said...

Bacon and rhubarb. . . hmmm. . . I'm having trouble even imagining the taste. I probably won't be trying that one here, or I'd have to eat the whole thing by myself. You know how much Dad loves rhubarb:)

OR Mom

Minda said...

Oh, and thanks for the chocolates, L&J! We are eking them out so we can enjoy them longer.

Mom, the rhubarb was cooked into a sauce with apples, I think. Very yummy.