Thursday, December 13, 2007

Random thoughts while shopping

Tuesday afternoon I went to the mall to wrap up the Christmas shopping. Shopping is not my favorite thing, and tends to bring out the snark in me. Here are this week's thoughts:
  • Did you know you can buy the complete Full House on DVD? The box even looks like the row of houses. First of all, I can't imagine anyone liking that show enough to want to watch every episode. Second, is there somewhere that doesn't get this show on reruns multiple times a day? It's almost as ubiquitous as Law & Order.
  • Who decided that kids need help sassing their parents and created clothing that does it for them? And who are the adults who keep buying this stuff? If we all stop, maybe they will get the point. This week's example: a bib that said, "I'm cute. Buy me something." Right. Because my toddler doesn't already think the world revolves exclusively around him and his needs and isn't fully capable of expressing that opinion. Loudly.
  • What is the deal with making everything electronic? Don't get me wrong; we buy plenty of electronic games and gadgets in this house. But why mess with games that have been non-electronic for generations? Did the world really need an electronic Uno?
You may now return to your regularly scheduled holiday cheer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah, humbug. Would you like some eggnog, dear? :)

Michael

PixelFish said...

Is it bad that Uno on the Xbox is enticing me with its siren call? Because it totally is.