Saturday, December 29, 2007

Early morning phone call

I was awakened from a dream this morning by the phone. As I reached to answer it, Michael mumbled sleepily, "Just so you know, it's ten minutes to six."

The voice on the phone was unbelievably perky. "Yes, I wanted to book a room for tonight and tomorrow. We've stayed with you before."

We don't have any room for tonight, but we do have a room for tomorrow.

"Do you know of anyplace that has a room for tonight? Then we could stay with you tomorrow."

The office is closed right now (hint, hint), but I know as of last night there were no rooms left in the Valley for tonight.

"Well, could you put our name down for tomorrow night?"

The office is closed, but you can call back after 7:30 and I can take a reservation.

"Oh. OK."

She didn't call back, but her fiancé did. I took their reservation for tomorrow night.

Then he said, "Can you call us if you have a cancellation for tonight? Because otherwise we'll be scrambling around for a room when we get done skiing this afternoon."

I don't know of anyplace in the Valley that has a room for tonight.

"No place in the whole valley? Oh."

I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me.

No comments: