Saturday, October 4, 2008

Book list? What book list?

It's official. I did not finish my summer reading list by the end of September.

Some of this is for good reasons. I did a major decluttering, reorganizing, and painting job in our main living space. I'm working more hours at my paid job. I've spent a lot of time catching up on the photo albums. NB's soccer teammates have interesting parents, so I spend time at practices socializing instead of reading.

And some of it is that I've gotten a bit bogged down in Les Mis. I considered switching translations, but the recommended one is an abridgement, and I am stubbornly committed to reading the entire thing. So I persist . . . but slowly.

In the meantime, I'm scared to pick up another book for fear I will never return.

I have a mental deadline for when I would like to finish Les Mis, but it's so pathetic that I'm not going to put it in writing.

I'll let you know when I finish it.

No comments: