Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Snowboards on the freeway

I'm in Waltham this week, attending a two-day training class and spending a couple of days meeting with co-workers to plan the next several months. I drove down Sunday afternoon. It was a great day for a drive, with sunny skies and dry roads. It also helps that sunset is later in the day; I would much rather drive when it's light.

Somewhere north of Boston on I-93, I noticed the car in front of me was swerving to avoid something on the road. It was not one but two snowboards. I saw an SUV stopped in the breakdown lane on the far right, with an empty ski rack. I'm not sure exactly how they were going to manage to get the snowboards, which were in between the two left-most lanes. I would not want to dash across a Boston freeway.

Speaking of Boston roads, someone needs to give the city of Waltham some paint. Every time I come down, I struggle with trying to figure out how many lanes are on the road at any point. It varies a lot more than you might think. And the paint is very, very faint. It's not just me, either. I was following a car last night when it suddenly veered to the right and I realized that it, and therefore I, had been driving in a lane intended for traffic going the other direction. Oops.

2 comments:

PixelFish said...

Ack. We must've missed you. Bummer.

Minda said...

I was going to give you a call while I was down there, but then I ended up with lots of errands to run in the evenings. Getting my hair cut. Going clothes shopping without the kids. (Not that I'm a big shopper, but every once in a while, I need something.) Etc. I should be down again in a few months.