Friday, October 5, 2007

Room service?

This morning, I received a call at 7:35 from one of the rooms asking me what time breakfast was. I said our normal hours for midweek are 8:00-9:30 but we had actually opened at 7:30 this morning. She asked if it was at all possible to get coffee before breakfast. I said no, but we were open now and would be opening at 7:30 on the weekend.

Later, the same guest came to get ice. As I handed her the ice bucket she said, "So you don't deliver coffee to the rooms in the morning?"

Nope.

Of course, she's here for five nights. Up for a wedding. Apparently she was expecting a more high-end establishment. (Which means she didn't do much research, because that is not how we market--or price--ourselves.)

Sigh. I wish people would mention expectations like room service when they make the reservation. I would much rather steer them to a place that has room service than put up with dissatisfied guests for the weekend.

No comments: