Monday, October 22, 2007

Bye, Mommy

I was a little nervous today when I dropped LW off at preschool. Michael said LW was pretty upset about going last week, and he felt we should give the preschool our two weeks' notice.

LW seemed fine when we walked into preschool, so I set him down and asked him to walk with me as I went into the other room to sign him in and put his lunch in the fridge. Partway there, he got distracted by a train that he wanted to show me. As we walked back into the larger room, he turned to me, waved, and said, "Bye, Mommy." I just managed to hand him his bottle before he headed off to explore some toys at the other end of the room. My departure was entirely anticlimatic.

He was fine when Michael went to pick him up after lunch. This afternoon on our walk, he was insisting "Play Lily, James, 'morrow!"

I'm guessing he was just anxious last week because the other kids and I were in Branson and because Michael dropped him off instead of me.

2 comments:

Teri M said...

Is it just me or did it sound like LW was looking forward to playing with Harry Potter's parents tomoroow? :)

Minda said...

That's what the older kids said when they heard him talking about playing with Lily and James. It took me a second to realize what they were talking about. And I thought I was a Harry Potter fan. :-)