Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lost luggage

Our housekeeper just brought me a suitcase that was left in room 3. The guests were walk-ins last night, so I pulled the registration card to get a phone number for them.

It's a fake phone number. The area code does not exist. And it's very clearly written, so there is no doubt.

Not only that, but this guest doesn't have a credit card (or at least that's what he claimed when he checked in) so I'm going to need cash in hand before I ship the suitcase back to him.

Anyone know the appropriate amount of time I need to keep this suitcase kicking around before I can toss it? Some questions Miss Manners just doesn't address.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

A fake number? Why? Are they fugitives?

I'd search the luggage for an address (and to make sure there's nothing suspicious), then wait for them to call -- two weeks, max.

Minda said...

I've given up trying to figure out why guests do the things they do. I checked the outside of the luggage; I think Michael checked the inside.

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...

Anyone know the appropriate amount of time I need to keep this suitcase kicking around before I can toss it?

I voted for 65 seconds, but was voted down. :)

Oddly enough, the guests coughed up a credit card when it came time to pay for shipping their luggage back home.