Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hunkering down

I'm supposed to be arriving at EM's first middle school band concert right about now, but the school canceled all evening activities due to the approaching storm. If it delivers what the meteorologists are promising, the kids stand a good chance at a snow day tomorrow.

I've been anticipating the concert, as the band concerts are somewhat notorious for their length. Roughly three hours, from what I understand. I was curious to see if my own experience confirmed that.

Now I'm concerned about which snow date they will choose. Next week looks crowded already: lodging Christmas party on Monday, two holiday performances for the twins on Tuesday, and a professional brass concert (and our anniversary) on Thursday. I've been trying to get tickets to that annual concert for three years. It's free, but you need a ticket and they just fly out the door. This is the first year I've managed to call early enough to secure one. Keep your fingers crossed for a good snow date, will you?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

THREE HOURS?? I'm sorry, that's just WRONG. We are anticipating a long night for Kasia's dance this Saturday. Mike and I agree that no child's concert should be longer than a professional night at the symphony: 90 minutes TOPS.