Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CSA Week 7

I am very happy with today's loot:
  • 1 pound of broccoli or cauliflower (I chose broccoli)
  • 1 bunch parsley
  • 4 tomatoes! (I chose two yellow ones and two Black Prince)
  • 3 pickling cucumbers
  • 1 slicing cucumber
  • 1 bunch kale
  • 5 summer squash (after eying the koosa again, I chose a mix of yellow, zucchini and pattypan)
  • 1 bunch savory
  • 1/2 pound green beans
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 very fresh chicken (it was clucking at noon)

Michael's parents are here visiting and generously made space in their small luggage allotment for tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, and apricots fresh from their garden. I love summer!

1 comment:

WendyandGabe said...

I know that you guys are super appreciative of mom and dad hauling veggies across the country, but this just seems so funny to me. It really sounds like a recipe for a mess. Have fun this week!