Thursday, July 12, 2007

I've lost my mind

Once, I was sane and organized. I have vague memories of being able to find keys, checkbooks, and shoes. There was a time when I remembered appointments.

No more.

This week I have:
  • Finally, after days of searching, found the checkbook I've been missing since July 2. The sad thing about this is that the checkbook belongs in a specific file folder in the filing cabinet, and I am usually very good at returning it there. Where did I finally find it? Two file folders over. Did I get distracted while putting it away and stick it in the wrong folder? Did LW get into the filing cabinet again and helpfully move the checkbook for me? I'll never know.
  • Forgotten to pick EM up from his Tale of Two Cities class. The class normally meets in the afternoon, but one day this week they needed to meet from 6-8 in the evening instead. No problem. I dropped him off at 6 and returned home to dishes, supervising baths, entertaining a fussy baby. At 8:20 I was sitting on the couch with Michael when he asked IM to go get EM. I said automatically, "EM isn't here. He's at Gabe's . . . and I should have picked him up 20 minutes ago!" *sigh* Way to reward my friends for organizing and teaching this fun, free class for my kid.
  • Completely spaced the twins' make-up swimming class today. (The thunder and lightening yesterday afternoon ended their swimming class before it even started, so Michael rescheduled it for today.) He told me. Heck, he even wrote it on the calendar (not normal behavior). But it wasn't until the swimming instructor called to ask why we weren't there that I even thought about the swimming lessons. (No, Flylady, I didn't check my calendar this morning.)
The twins have a sleepover party tomorrow. Anyone want to place a bet on whether or not I'll remember to buy a present and take them? Or remember to pick them up on Saturday morning?

1 comment:

Michael Carr - Veritas Literary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.