Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Getting Back to Real Life

I spent last week in Boston for my job. I drove down on Sunday afternoon and drove home Friday night. It was really fun to be in the office for a week--and very relaxing to have only myself to worry about--but I missed Michael and the kids. It was good to see them again.

EM and I spent Saturday and Sunday taking turns reading the new Harry Potter book. We both finished it within half an hour of each other. I want to re-read a couple of scenes, but NB started reading it today, so I'll have to wait.

Yesterday was a crazy day. Drop the kids off at VBS, two hours of phone meetings, take 5 required water samples, pick kids up at VBS, drive an hour to car dealership to fix back door (parts have been backordered), another hour-long meeting on my cell phone in bagel store parking lot, get bagels, drop off water samples at testing lab, big shopping trip at Costco, drive hour home. Whew.

Believe it or not, tomorrow will be almost that crazy.

No comments: