Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lost in Translation

What I said: [Child], please get the rest of your stuff out of the basement.

What I meant: [Child], please get the rest of your stuff out of the basement and put it back in your room, from whence it came originally.

What Child heard: [Child], please get the rest of your stuff out of the basement.

Where I found Child's stuff: On the window seat in the living room.

Child was honestly confused when called on this. "But, Mom, you only said to get it out of the basement!"

I think I'll start saving my pennies for a law degree.I'm going to need it once we hit the teenage years with this one.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think even a law degree would earn you the respect that you deserve. It might, however, help you close up the loopholes in your requests. ;-)