Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Packing

Today I finally started packing for France in earnest.

I dreamed last night that we arrived in France with no toiletries and, more importantly, no shirts for me or the three younger kids. I decided to pack so my subconscious won't bother me tonight.

The three older kids can pretty much pack for themselves, although they need a bit of guidance about clothes and a lot of reminding about no liquids in the carry-ons. Yes, contact solution counts and so does glasses cleaner!

The hardest thing about packing is making sure that all the kids have seven days of photograph-appropriate clothes. My kids are hard on clothes, and for the sake of sanity and budget I have long since stopped stressing about holes in the knees or paint stains. But clothes that look passable in rural life somehow look rattier in pictures. (This is one of the hidden costs of our trips.)

This year, what with work and Easter and Michael's trip to Costa Rica and our unexpectedly large tax bill, I didn't do as much shopping. Maybe we'll take lots of head shots.

1 comment:

WendyandGabe said...

That's true about the "photo clothing." Persy always has on darling outfits in our pictures but sometimes I look at Gabe and I and wonder if someone is going to nominate us for "What Not to Wear."