Friday, April 16, 2010

How I Became Obsessed with a Volcano in Iceland

Not so much the volcano itself, actually, as the big ash cloud it created over the airspace between here and France.

Our flight for tonight is not officially canceled, but it's also not showing up on Air France's web site.

LW removed the last paper on the count-down calendar this morning. It was rather sad.

I will be shocked if our flight leaves tonight, and yet I still feel compelled to do all the last-minute tasks so we are ready in case a miracle happens.

I'm trying to remind myself that this is not a big problem, in the grand scheme of things. We have our health. We have our family. I have a good job. The inn is doing well. It feels pretty selfish to be so disappointed over a missed vacation.

And yet I'm finding it hard not to cry.

3 comments:

Daniel Carr said...

Boo. Hope you guys can get there soon.

WendyandGabe said...

I don't think you should feel guilty about being horribly bummed out. I hfeel like crying for you. It is France afterall and lots of loss money to boot! I hope you have a good time in Cananda. Hopefully, your good attitude will teach the kids a much greater lesson than any of the sightseeing in Europe could have done.

Now, the next question is with your volcanic obesession can you now pronounce the name of said volcano? I can't.

dc said...

I'm hoping that no news is good news, and that you got out okay.