Saturday, March 6, 2010

On booking travel

We are finishing our trip in France with a stop at Disneyland Paris, and booking our reservations for that was at the top of my To Do list this weekend.

Disney's web site assumes if you are using a browser with English as the default language and you want to look at the Disney Paris pages, you must be in the United Kingdom. So I've been using the UK Disney site.

When booking, Title is a mandatory field, and on the UK site, in addition to Dr., Mr., Mrs., and Ms, the list includes Lord and Lady.

I was tempted to give myself a promotion.

On a related note, my ever-vigilant credit card company denied payment at first, despite my call to them yesterday notifying them that I would be booking travel in Europe this weekend. When I called to clear that up, the nice young man in India tried to sell me identify theft protection, so no one could make fraudulent charges.

Fraudulent charges? I can't even make legitimate charges without multiple phone calls.

No comments: