Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Good thing I still have the award

Remember the Worst Mom in the World Award? The one I was going to keep for awhile?

I solidified my claim last week.

Driving home from the Christmas play on Saturday, NB said, "Mom, you never took treats to school for our birthday."

Ooops.

The twins turned 10 the day after Thanksgiving. I usually take treats to school on the Monday following. This year, that Monday was my monthly slot to teach the environmental science unit in their class, and I was also helping to pack up the Scholastic book fair.

Cupcakes completely slipped my mind.

And since their teacher was out with back problems for two days last week, she didn't remember to do their birthday circle last week either.

*sigh*

I made arrangments with the teacher to bring in treats on Friday. I've already purchased the cake mix and frosting. Now all I need to do is remember to actually make them.

I wonder if the grocery store would let me put up cans to collect change to pay for their therapy bills.

No comments: