Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hand over the Worst Mom in the World Award

I'll be holding onto it for a while.

Now that we have wall space (hallelujah!), we decided it was about time to unpack the framed pictures that have been in storage since we moved to Vermont six years ago next month.

We had two boxes of framed prints and one box that held a large piece of original art given us by Michael's parents. As I opened the box, I was surprised to find, cushioning the artwork, a pillow and . . . IM's star blankie.

You know, the one that was a match of NB's star blankie? The one we thought we had left in a hotel? The one we scolded her for leaving behind?

Yeah, that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just know that you are not the only Mom who has remembered something said or done that she wished she could somehow take back or undo. You wouldn't be human otherwise. It is so good that we have the words, "I'm sorry," and that we can continue to try to overcome our faults. Being able to forgive and be forgiven is a wonderful thing.

OR Mom

PixelFish said...

Stuff happens. Therapy and apologies work and childhood hurts don't last forever. :)

I assume you and IM will have a talk and work things out. I bet she'll be glad to see the star blankie too. (Well, I would be, if my old blankets--since fallen to bits--made reappearances.)