Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review: 2011

January--Went cross-country skiing for the first time.

February--Ran lights and sound for a production at a local theater company (another first).

April--Spent two weeks studying Spanish in Costa Rica.

May--Ran my first 5K (with IM). Turned 40.

August--Moved out of the inn. Both the inn and the house survived Hurricane Irene.

September--Attended a surprise birthday party for my best friend from first grade.

October--Spent a weekend in NYC with Michael and two of our good friends from Utah.

November--Attended a professional conference in Austin. The family spent Thanksgiving in Oregon with my parents and my brother's family.

December--Spent a week in Ireland with Michael's sister Wendy. Enjoyed the most relaxing holiday week I've had in years.

My reading was down a bit this year. I read 35 published books, plus three that came to me through Michael's agenting, and several more of Michael's that I proofread. Although my reading this year contained a fair bit of fluff, I also read several books that have been on my To Read list for years.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like all in all, it was a good year for you. May 2012 be even better!

WendyandGabe said...

What an exciting year! I'm so glad we got to enjoy some of it together!