Friday, March 18, 2011

Bonus Soup!

I realized this week, that I had more soups left in the Winter section than I had Sundays left in March. So I counted the soups. Despite the subtitle A Year's Worth of Mouthwatering, Easy-to-Make Recipes, there are 60 soups in the book, 15 for each season.

Deciding that if I can't make them all, I want to choose which ones I skip, I started thumbing through the book. And that's when I discovered a St. Patrick's Day soup (at the end of the Spring section, which is wrong by any measure).

So on Thursday I made Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup--"Under Cover" (in ramekins with puffed-pastry crust). It was easy to make during my lunch hour (it needs to be refrigerated for an hour) and is easily the most tasty corned-beef dish I've eaten.

Five thumbs up.

No comments: