Sunday, September 5, 2010

Death by Hugging

LW is a very affectionate kid. Hands down the most physically loving of any of my kids, and also full of compliments about how wonderful I am and how much he loves me.

It's very sweet. Really.

And I know I will miss this terribly in another year or two when adoring your mom isn't cool anymore.

But this weekend I find myself craving a few hours in an isolation tank. Who knew being the object of adoration could be so wearing?

Too bad I can't bottle this up to sprinkle through his teen years.

4 comments:

dc said...

Could you transport him to our place for a few dfays? Those hugs sound marvelous! My favorite memory of this summer's visit was the hugs of all the children, especially LW, LM and RJ. (In spite of LW's frankness about being "droopy.")

dc said...

Dfays is the early morning version of days!

WendyandGabe said...

Send him here. We could use more hugs What a cute boy!

Pat B said...

I see remember those huge tight hugs from you starting when you were so very young, less than a year old :-)